Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Presentations 5 and 6. ( 4/26/10-4/29/10)

Dan:

Very interesting topic. Since I play XBL I really see how the communication that is built in the community is one of the reasons people are attracted to online multi player games. I think you have some strong points to combat the fodder from the mainstream media, which believe there is nothing to learn from games. While kids may not learn mathematics they are learning valuable social skills and strategy .

Micheal:

I think you had a ton of information but you need to find an argument within your stuff. You told me a lot about what could happen and less about why it happens. This topic is something that happens everyday and I think you have a lot of valid research but you need to narrow your aim.


Lee:

At first your theory was hard to grasp but I actually really understood what you were speaking about. The way I interpreted it was, if we hide things in the shadows they will fester and become worse because of it. Because people use Youtube as a way to speak people are exposed to the negatives and the positives of certain situations or debates. From this they can gain their own opinions. I agree that Youtube has revolutionized the way we people can protest but is that is main use?


Angela:

Although my example in class, about robot wars, was bad, I think you’re on to something with the experience a kid gets with hands on learning. Its also prevalent to say that the reason I retained the information (I did retain some. lol),
I did when making that robot in 8th grade, is because it was entertaining. It held my attention. Studies shoe that it takes several hours and then several more hours to alter the brain to learn certain things. Video games sometimes last that long!? Anyway, the more entertaining it is the more a child will learn.


Derek:

Speedy presentation but I get it. Mobile phones are changing the way information gets from person to person. There’s no question that the phone has created a third arm for its user, we depend on our phones immensely. The serious question is, is how can it be shared? The digital divide question for this subject becomes an economical issue. Not ever nation has the capabilities to have the net works and such, and what would happen if they did?


Kristin:


H.O.P.E is very clever. An everyday program where kids can learn about the good and the bad of the net, it’s GENIUS. I think once you formulate your plan it will be cool to see what you come up with. The hardest part of your paper will be to describe why it should stay important to the school system and not die out like the DARE program.


Thursday 4/29/10


Brent R:

Advertisement on the phone is becoming a huge commodity for many companies. Its allowing them to have a physical impact, through the use of digital offers, on their customers. Its very interesting to read some of the misconceptions people have about locative awareness. It would be cool if you looked into, what happens when companies take it to far. Like FB giving peoples information out and such

Cynthia:

The representation of people on the Internet makes me think of the Alllooksame.com site we talked about in class. I think the western media dominance has a huge impact on the way people are seen in America and in other countries. It also somewhat shapes the way people think they should act. Because everybody, well most, have access to the Internet it broadens the information than people see. Most often than not, people build misconceptions about certain cultures from what they see on the Internet but is this wrong. I say yes, but how can we blame country dependent Internet information.


Neil F:

Cell phone culture migration issue. You seem to have everything in order but lie I asked Derek, what’s the one thing that could potentially close the gap in the digital divide?


Josh:

Internet activism is used to gather groups of people, donate money, gain gathers to certain illegal activates (which some deem legal), and so forth. The Possibilities are endless. I think you had a ton of good research but you need to narrow your question down to , why has the internet become so powerful in the activism world?

No comments:

Post a Comment