Friday, April 23, 2010

Presentations 3 and 4

Mark:

He spoke about online environmental activism. You had a lot of great information in the topic, you even showed examples of an application that helps call out companies on their energy wasting. I think there is a lot to say about environmental activism in cyber space. I would say one of your strong points could be the way in which you describe cyberspace and its ability to stream information in the quickest way possible. Because we can constantly have something on us, like our phones, that can track our environmental footprint says something about how far we have come in promoting environmental safety and awareness.

Sarah:

I think your paper is heading in the right direction. What you want to do is support the idea that, although people often do act different in a virtual site its usually for a particular reason. When you asked me to describe why I took some pictures of my FB I told you it was to eliminate the access factor. Because my potential boss can look at anything he wanted, he might get the wrong impression by the pictures. I’m changing the pictures, not to change that I am online but to skip the explanation part to my boss. In a sense keeping them on a path.

Cassie:

You talked about the use of social networking in the classroom, which leads to a pretty interesting topic. I think it would be interesting to see how kids would react to a blog in the classroom. I think it would give children something they are going to get in the future and could possible be utilized as a great learning tool. Not only would kids learn how to communicate digitally they would learn the fundamentals of networking

Dena:

I think your argument was good but needs to be narrowed down from what I’ve heard. There’s defiantly something to be said about self-censorship issues on the net and how you are defiantly on your own for the most part. There are sights that are governed but are often communities of people that know each other, then you have sights like Chat Roulette which completely give a person full control of their actions. I think Julie said it best with, “ were all alone on the net, all the time”

Michelle:

Good over all information and presentation. I think that the world is defiantly blending into a virtual reality type space. One of the things I was thinking about is the invention of the virtual simulator that NASA uses for training. They can’t train in space everyday so they must enter a virtual world within our own world. On a smaller scale you can talk about the evolution of camera conferencing.


Brittney:

I think you had a lot of information and spent a ton of time researching. Narrow down your argument to one thing and I think you will have a really strong paper. Locative advertisement can defiantly be paralleled to the mobile phone. You had some good examples in there like Foursquare. If you talk about how we as a society are so dependent on our cell phones and explain why we have sites FS it would bridge the gap to why the advertisement is important in the first place.


Mark #2:

I like your topic and there was some good stuff about WOW. I think instead of just talking about the elements in the game you should talk about the community and gaming and how or why it’s so important to are growing society. I defiantly agree that online games encourage teamwork and strategic planning. If you bridge this together with its importance to the generations of online players it will only make your paper stronger.

Kris:

Your like a ninja in the grass, I think you’ve got a really well put together paper. Your issue is that Fragmentation will continue to perpetuate the digital divide, which I agree with. Although, like you said, there are some answers but still a lot of closed doors to open.


Nice work People!

1 comment: